Sunday, January 28, 2007

Plenty of Ins and Outs

Just like one of my all-time favourite characters in cinema history, Jeffrey 'The Dude' Lebowski says: "There are plenty of ins and outs" as his doped out Marlowe investigates the loss of the rug that "tied the room together". Yes, this tale of the cat is proving quite intriguing with twists and turns at every corner, and the more we film and research it seems that we have more to film and research.

For all you long suffering devotees of this blog, I have decided to keep this post light-hearted as we are just about to set off another week long filming mission to Twizel this time and then next week we will be up in Wellington.

While the many long hours of driving have facilitated heated discussion on many topics between myself and film-making partner Pip, they usually involve a disagreement about our favourite characters in the ace British comedy Green Wing. Pip is a big fan of Dr Guy Secretan
whose famous line "Drink my pee, pull like me" turned me into an instant convert to this most excellent series. My personal favourite is Mac because he has finally proved that guys with ginger hair in the public eye could be cool, and he rides a very cool Ducati.

While we are debating the merits of these two excellent characters, please observe the images I was recently emailed. Three candidates for man of the year, I felt their individual contributions to masculine endeavour should not go unrecognised:



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Thats what I am doing wrong, I have to let the woman do the work.

Pete

rocket ron said...

read your profile. read junkie. its better than naked lunch. see you like the stooges[good taste], an who were ya rapping with about moi.?

Mark Orton said...

Rocket Ron , confidentiality precludes from revealing my sources except to say, goober cooter shooter, whatever that means,
Incidently I had the good fortune to catch Iggy and the Stooges last year when they visited NZ and it was ace! Yes, I want to read junkie so will look out for a copy when I perusing book stores.

rocket ron said...

saw the stooges in paris.. yea twas ace.anyways can i get in touch with the goober shooting cooter? did a couple of tours of duty down in nz. great place man. never got down to your parish, got waylaid on manchester st. the hydro was a bit much though bro..