Friday, June 22, 2007

Film Premiere and Additional Screenings

Well, after months of hard slog we finally had the opportunity to see the finished product on the big screen and share the relief with friends, family and most importantly those who helped with the process. It was a great night and some photographic evidence has surfaced to fill in the blank spots. A link to the film premiere photos is provide to the right.
So, what now. Well, it seems this whole filmmaking lark is never over and we are putting together DVDs that will be on sale shortly, a website that will be up and functioning shortly and finding time to submit the film to the odd film festival.

**Press Release** With the insatiable demand for the film in its natural home, Mid-Canterbury, we have organised a screening for Saturday the of 14th of July at the cinema in Ashburton. We plan to show a couple of films and hopefully catch up with some of the great characters that helped us over the summer. If you are reading this and think you might like to go please leave a comment on this post and we will reserve some seats. The cinema can only hold 115 people so it would be good for us to gauge the level of interest.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark! :) There's NO way I want to miss THIS screening so please reserve 4 seats for us! :)

Mark Orton said...

No problem Wendy, I'll make sure you have four seats secured. If you would still like me to film that instructional video for you, we will need to sort out a good time to visit Christchurch.
Cheers
Mark

Anonymous said...

Thankyou Mark! :D And I do for sure, if it's not a problem for you :D We can talk at the premiere? :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Please can I reserve 4 seats to the screening in Ashburton. I think my cat is in your movie - he was the one that looks like a panther staying at the cattery in Mt Somers!

Mark Orton said...

Hi, yes I'll put aside four seats for you. Your cat was a real star, though I'm not sure you will get instant recognition when you see the film. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Cheers for that. I enjoyed the segment on Campbell Live recently. Was Jack (my cat) in any of that film shown on TV 3?

Mark Orton said...

I don't think so.