Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Legends in our own lunchbox

With the film project hardly underway we are certainly whipping the folk of Canturbury into a fenzy over our topic.

Last Friday The Press ran an article about the project and my phone ran hot over the weekend with people coming forward with information. Please click here to read the item in full.

While there were a few dubious stories, by and large we now have a wealth of information and quite a bit of interesting evidence. We have a filming trip booked for the end of this week with a Backcountry guide from Methven. Over Christmas and New Year we will be researching and processing the footage that we have (with a wee bit of a break of course). Early January will be a busy time for the film as we base ourselves in Mayfield and film a lot of the main sequences that will tie the film together. I'll take a stills camera on the next shoot and post some progress photos on the blog afterwards.

2 comments:

grendel said...

Hey! Just thought I would say I love your film idea. I used to live in Canterbury and remember hearing the stories. I think it'll make a great film. (I was in the PGDip class of 2003/4)

Mark Orton said...

Thanks for the positive feedback, I have sensed recently that there are quite a few people showing interest in this project.