Monday, May 07, 2007

The Conscience Cafe

With a caffeine obsession controlling many of my daily moves, I have often been plagued by guilt that I unwittingly enjoy the devil's cup while many coffee plantation workers get shafted in the marketplace. Hence, when Oxfam contacted me via email recently to announce their big coffee break promotion I thought heres a chance to do something good and really test whether this fairtrade coffee can cut it.

Taking my trusty Vibiemme Domobar Super espresso machine to the University of Otago Zoology Department I set about brewing up coffees for all and sundry. It seemed to be a great success with many people returning to be replenished. And the coffee...well the brew sent to me by Oxfam was top notch and I'll be sure to buy it just as long as the local supermarkets can be convinced to give it a go. Check it out, Zigana espresso.

Anyway, here are some photos of the event.

4 comments:

rocket ron said...

Get a grip man. uni is for selling pure, and hydro. not fucking coffee. ill be visiting your 3rd world shores next summer. need any supplies?

Mark Orton said...

Hey Rocket Ron, good to hear from you again. My blog has been a little neglected lately, but that will hopefully change soon. Yes, some supplies would be nice, when will you be down this way?

Anonymous said...

capitalist pig.

Mark Orton said...

Aha, the Surgeon eh..as eloquent as ever!