Monday, July 30, 2007

Chinese Garden

After all the hoopla surrounding the screening of the film and the great reception that we have had, reality has set in. With the high NZ dollar and the uncertain future of making television in New Zealand for the American market, I am still waiting for my 6-month contract to start at NHNZ here in Dunedin. In the meantime I have been trying to keep my hand in with filmmaking and have taken a couple of non-paid projects on to beef up my portfolio. The most significant is the documentary that I am making to publicise the Chinese Garden that is being constructed in Dunedin. A somewhat controversial project I am sure that people will be supportive once they understand how majestic the garden is going to be and how lucky we are to have possibly the most authentic Chinese garden this side of Sydney. My film work has been centred on capturing the garden as it is built, and researching images to show the history of Chinese settlement within the greater Otago region. I am really lucky to be associated with this project and hope that Dunedin people appreciate the asset that the city will soon have. The images featured here are from an artistic impression of what the Dunedin garden will look like.

No comments: